Paperhouse Studio welcomes school groups. For your next field trip, bring your students to a working art studio rich with creativity and expression. Learn about the processes behind papermaking, marbling, origami and more, while having fun in a safe, informative space. Paperhouse is housed in an arts and cultural hub–Artscape Youngplace. We partner with multiple arts organizations in the building, in particular, Koffler Gallery, and Critical Distance Centre for Curators, as well as mobile printmaking studio, Graven Feather Studio. We offer various classes and are happy to customize these to meet the individual needs of each school or class group.
Explore a professional art studio
and learn about papermaking.
Talk + Tour
Talk and tour with demonstration
Learn paper folding techniques
with our expert origami artist.
Learn the history and
make marbled papers.
Make paper in a
professional art studio.
Learn more with our
arts and cultural partners
+ Critical Distance
Centre for Curators
+ Artscape Youngplace
+ Graven Feather Studio
$10 per student
+ Koffler Gallery
*subject to availability
Artscape Youngplace: A tour of the Youngplace building at no additional cost.
Critical Distance Centre for Curators: A tour of the current exhibition can be arranged at no additional cost.
Graven Feather Studio: A hands-on printmaking activity using metal type and a portable Kelsey letterpress can be incorporated at an additional cost of $10 per student, minimum booking fee is $100.
Koffler Centre for the Arts: A tour of the current exhibition at Koffler Gallery can be added at no additional cost.
- A minimum of 10 students, or equal value, must be met by each school group for a hands-on class in which learners can make their own artwork.
- If the group has 16 or more students, it must be split into 2 groups due to health and safety policies. This can be a good opportunity to explore our “add-ons” or to allow a group to visit the attractions and galleries of the West Queen West area.
- A minimum of 50% must be paid at least 5 days prior to the class to reserve the date, book the instructors and purchase the materials.
- Any cancellations less than 5 days in advance of the start date will lose their deposit.
- All listed prices above do not include HST, that will be calculated in the final invoice.